The Professional Writers Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for writers

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's the one idea that has been nagging at you?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ccmalandrinos

ccmalandrinos

What's the one idea that has been nagging at you? Empty
PostSubject: What's the one idea that has been nagging at you?   What's the one idea that has been nagging at you? EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 10:32 am

Is there a book idea that has been nagging you, but you haven't had time to plot it out? Tell us about it.
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com
Forest Girl

Forest Girl

PostSubject: Re: What's the one idea that has been nagging at you?   What's the one idea that has been nagging at you? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Mine is more of a I know the novels (yes, plural) I want to write ... but I can only handle two or three at a time.

I am right now working on two novels, going back and forth between the two.

But I have seven novel ideas and have them in a 'back burner' folder waiting on me to finish the other two.

Plotting it out isn't a problem for me, I just write.

My problem is too many stories to tell and only being able to type 60 wpm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dreamersforest.com
ccmalandrinos

ccmalandrinos

PostSubject: Re: What's the one idea that has been nagging at you?   What's the one idea that has been nagging at you? EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:22 pm

I understand your pain. I guess typing and driving don't go too well together either, do they? Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrissyWissler

ChrissyWissler

PostSubject: Re: What's the one idea that has been nagging at you?   What's the one idea that has been nagging at you? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:24 am

Actually, I've had a book idea tumbling around for about six years or so. It's been on hold while I worked out the world for my first novel claiming I wasn't "ready to write this book." Anyway, I'm very excited to say there's no more excuses and I'm exploring that story now. I have no idea where it's taking me as I've decided not to get down and crazy with the plotting or world-building. Instead, I'm writing short stories with this character and every time I put in my 1,000 words a day I'm surprised where I end up.

I'm definitely trying the 'low' plotting way and simply writing. It's working great so far.

My problem is slightly different than Forest....I type crazy fast but I only have so many hours in the day available. At least I can say when I do get in my snippets here and there, they're productive ones!
Back to top Go down
ccmalandrinos

ccmalandrinos

PostSubject: Re: What's the one idea that has been nagging at you?   What's the one idea that has been nagging at you? EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 3:35 pm

How exciting that you're getting to work on it, Chrissy. If you tackle it the same way you approached this project, it will go well.
Back to top Go down
aprilck

PostSubject: Re: What's the one idea that has been nagging at you?   What's the one idea that has been nagging at you? EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 7:11 pm

The one idea that's been nagging me is how to write that novel. I am retaking the BIP course at Long ridge and my instructor has said of couple of times that my short stories are more of novels in progress.But at the same time I can't seem to go past let's say 5000 words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the one idea that has been nagging at you?   What's the one idea that has been nagging at you? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the one idea that has been nagging at you?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Professional Writers Connection :: Off Topic Section :: General Chat-
Jump to: