The Professional Writers Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gathering place for writers

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum participation

Go down 
+2
Devon Ellington
ccmalandrinos
6 posters

I'm not participating here because...
I don't have anything to say.
Forum participation Vote_lcap14%Forum participation Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
I don't have the time.
Forum participation Vote_lcap43%Forum participation Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
The forum doesn't have what I'm looking for.
Forum participation Vote_lcap0%Forum participation Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I've lost my username or password.
Forum participation Vote_lcap0%Forum participation Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other (Please explain in the comments).
Forum participation Vote_lcap43%Forum participation Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
ccmalandrinos

ccmalandrinos

Forum participation Empty
PostSubject: Forum participation   Forum participation EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 3:32 pm

Hello all,

I was thrilled when the initial response to this forum was so strong, but people are not posting here lately. Can you please take a moment to respond to the following poll?

Thanks.

Cheryl
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com
Devon Ellington

Devon Ellington

PostSubject: Re: Forum participation   Forum participation EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 4:33 pm

It's just been really wacky, with a challenging workshop and being in edits for the book coming out in July and writing the next one and that whole writing-to-earn-a-living thing. I've been MIA from a lot of places -- but hope to come back and hang out here soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.devonellingtonwork.com
ChrissyWissler

ChrissyWissler

PostSubject: Re: Forum participation   Forum participation EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 4:47 pm

I would definitely say time is a big factor - that and as you start getting more serious about writing you gravitate towards different types of writers. I'm also not big on posting or reading forums, mostly because if I read something I'm generally reading to learn. It's hard to have that kind of learning in forums.

Actually, I think this is the only writing forum I belong to anymore.

While I enjoy the goals section, that's really the only area of interest for me (I'm sure you've noticed from storycrafters).

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
beverlyjean

PostSubject: Re: Forum participation   Forum participation EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 6:32 pm

Time is the biggest drawback for me. I'm trying to do too many things. I'm cutting back on book reviews. Then I've edited two forthcoming stories and have two WIPs. I want to post here, but get busy with other tasks and the day is gone before I know it. I also spend lots of time taking hubby to treatments and doctors and giving shots and ... But I think I'll work on a schedule to improve my organization. Yeah, good luck with that. Will give it a shot. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://beverlystowemcclure.wordpress.com
mcalvani

PostSubject: Re: Forum participation   Forum participation EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:13 am

Hi Cheryl,

I think for me it's the time factor. I love the way you have set out the forum but if I don't get a message from you, my mind is so full of stuff I can't even remember it is here. When you send me a reminder, though, I try to make an effort to come and participate. Like now. :-)
Back to top Go down
ccmalandrinos

ccmalandrinos

PostSubject: Re: Forum participation   Forum participation EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:28 am

Thanks for the input ladies. Honestly, when I began this forum, I hoped it would serve more as a place to motivate aspiring authors, but I was thrilled when so many published authors joined.

We'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Chriskander

PostSubject: Re: Forum participation   Forum participation EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:29 pm

The project I'd planned for the forum hasn't materialized yet because the other participant hasn't got back to me. I will start it going myself when the April VBT is over and I have time to think about it.

Chris H.
Back to top Go down
ccmalandrinos

ccmalandrinos

PostSubject: Re: Forum participation   Forum participation EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:41 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Chris. I can also post this information on the blog once you're ready.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum participation   Forum participation Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum participation
Page 1 of 1